Thursday, November 13, 2014

"SLEEP IN PEACE MY FRIEND"

I thought you had done all you could
To rip our world apart
Until one day in court you stood
And finished off my heart
On that day you stood and lied
Never thought you'd sink so low
All the love left in me died
When I saw how far you'd go
All the toys and all the bling
All you ever did was spend
Money has meant everything
It was your means to the end
Whatever things you hang onto
May they comfort in the end
May they hold and whisper
I love you and sleep in peace my friend
Lynn Connearney ©2012



2 comments:

  1. Lil S.....11:13:00 PM

    I like it!!!! I hope one day soon I will be were you are..... u handled it great for the hell he put you through...I sure hope I do when I take that first step...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetie! You will! We all find that strength when we need it most. I pray you have family and friends around when you do make that step! I did it mostly alone. I won't lie, it was extremely tough! I made some choices I'm not proud of however, they don't define me! Along the way I've learned, I'm stronger than I ever gave myself credit for! That in of itself has been empowering! God bless you! You're in my daily thoughts. I wish you the future you deserve!❤️💜❤️

    ReplyDelete